ELM’s readiness culture is forged in a habit of vigilance, a commitment to manage risk, and a mindset that allows us to communicate and respond quickly, accurately and effectively.
Building readiness into our mindset and processes sets the foundation for how we cover a range of measures.
- Training – ELM’s trained teams are up-to-date in storm response, safety training and certification programs. Workplace drills, state-of-the technology tools, and field exercises keep our crews mindful and ready for the unexpected.
- Up-to-date Contact Information– Our emergency contact information is an essential element to our 24/7, whatever-it-takes culture. As a property or building and asset manager, you can reach us at all times, with our promise to be part of a robust interconnected team to solve problems together.
- Logistics – Our teams are trained and ready when circumstances require immediate deployment, be it a severe weather event or a storm of uncertainty.
- Documentation & Contingency– Our emergency preparedness process includes having updated plans in place, managed incident reports and updated compliance and safety response protocols. When your properties are impacted by the unexpected, knowing what to do, and how to do execute in a moment’s notice, are key.
- Briefing – We manage risk by running scenario drills and staying mindful about what ifs. Letting you know as soon as possible, working you’re your property management team, and staying on top of the issues is part of our commitment to your safety and the safety of the communities and the people we serve.
In today’s fast-changing world, a sense of urgency is our call to action: to lead change, to know what’s at stake, and to create and deliver solutions which are useful and flexible, and fulfill every client’s needs.
This sense of urgency is the foundation of our readiness. Readiness to help where we can, to support our clients and communities whenever we can, and, above all, to support the people who need it most. Safely, responsibly, generously and proactively.
Contact Bruce Moore Jr. at 203-316-5433 to learn more.